Can't import profiles on 4.7.1 (for linux)

PrintGunsNotMoney

Posted (edited) · Can't import profiles on 4.7.1 (for linux)

Hey guys, I'm a new user here and I have run into an issue.  I'm on a new install of Cura 4.7.1 for linux and I cannot import certain profiles.  I've been reading through all the previous bug reports and I see some similar issues, but I have NOT setup any custom materials or anything beyond configuring my printer (An Ender 3 V2).  Basically, when I go to import some profiles, it says that it has been imported successfully, but it doesn't show up for me to select it.

I did determine that the problem occurs if the profile contains the line "quality_type = draft".  If I change "draft" to "standard", then it imports fine, although, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that Cura is filling in any unspecified settings using the existing profile, either "draft" or "standard", and making this change will result in a combination of settings that were not intended to work together.  So... does the "draft" profile exist under a different name now?  Or, what can I do to get this working properly?

Thank you!

Edited by PrintGunsNotMoney

Posted · Can't import profiles on 4.7.1 (for linux)

Draft as a descriptor in the default profiles hasn't been used for a few versions now, at least on the Creality range of profiles using 0.4mm nozzles. They are labeled like so :

image.png.dfeb5f859c5d4b3a1480d91e1bc0815b.png

On 10/31/2020 at 5:09 AM, PrintGunsNotMoney said:

I did determine that the problem occurs if the profile contains the line "quality_type = draft".  If I change "draft" to "standard", then it imports fine,

Perhaps using the info above to pair off with layer heights, you may be able to force the profiles to import as you did. I wouldn't recommend it though as it could cause who knows what to go on ( which you seem aware of anyways ). 

For what it's worth, I can attest to the suitability of the current profiles for the Creality line of printers supplied with Cura on a fresh install ( I have several different Creality printers ). I would ask yourself what is important/different about those custom profiles and look to using the newer default profiles, even if they are just a starting point for your custom ones. 

Good luck and let us all know how you resolved it 😄