Creality CR-5 Pro in Cura?

Llama_Over_Lord

Posted · Creality CR-5 Pro in Cura?

Since my questions is near the same I will not start a new thread but expand on this one.  I just got the Creality Ender-6 and it also is not listed.  I tried to create my own "Ender-6" from the Ender-5, but being new to this it did not go well.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

You can always create your own profile with the custom printer or you ask your vendor if they can provide a working profile for Cura. The 3rd party profiles in Cura are created by the Vendors itself or by someone of the community.

1 minute ago, Smithy said:

You can always create your own profile with the custom printer or you ask your vendor if they can provide a working profile for Cura. The 3rd party profiles in Cura are created by the Vendors itself or by someone of the community.

Right, just have to figure out how to do that then haha

Simply choose one of the other Creality printers, for example Ender 3 Pro and rename it... after that you only have to change a few settings (buildplate volume)... after that you are ready to go!

Cura_machine_settings.thumb.png.301435e16b5de986f2f3a09cff05450a.png

For CR-05 Pro:  X = 300, Y = 255 and Z = 380

For Ender 6:  X = 250, Y = 250 and Z = 400

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 4:40 AM, Mari said:

Simply choose one of the other Creality printers, for example Ender 3 Pro and rename it... after that you only have to change a few settings (buildplate volume)... after that you are ready to go!

That is exactly what I did with my Ender-6 but found there were other settings that were better selected with the Ender-6.  The printer came with a slicer that uses Cura (New Creality Slicer) for it's GUI.  Is there any way to export those settings from Creality Slicer and import into Cura slicer since they are the same GUI?

Posted (edited) · Creality CR-5 Pro in Cura?

... there are 2 different things, machine settings and cura profiles... you create machine settings once for a printer, but the cura profiles you keep tweaking to get better prints.... Luckily there are some people who create Cura profiles and share them...

The profiles I like the most are to be found on this website:  https://www.chepclub.com/cura-profiles.html

Creality Slicer is and old version of Cura (and Cura changed a lot in the past year) so don't think you can export/import the profiles that easy...

Edited by Mari

On 11/15/2020 at 10:40 AM, Mari said:

Should be 300/225/380 for CR-5 Pro ?

We all make mistakes now and then... 😉  You are right, it must be 300/225/380...