Blobs at the end of each layer

Racerboy

Posted · Blobs at the end of each layer

I seem to be getting an end-of-layer blob with this PLA print. There is supposed to be a through-hole on the left and right sides, the left side works fine but it messes up the right. The left side is where it starts the layer, and the right side is where it ends. I aborted Part 2 because I noticed it starting again, with adjusted retraction settings. Also noticing it on 2 of the larger holes, shown below, at the end of each revolution.

Ender 3 v2

0.2mm Layer Height

4mm nozzle

100% infill

205°C nozzle, 60°C bed

Support: none

Part 1: 6mm retraction @ 25mm/s

Part 2: 4mm retraction @ 50mm/s

Any help is appreciated - Thanks!

Mv5ECfd.jpg

HdNpr7rzzy9OeXmaBCGL8PaBiD1qYMwY1eqk35qjHKXhe9L_kv_BIyW9ZcoLCDdcGOw-lOKLh_G2bljgjzj4eEE35XQBxG-m9qJYak2vj3bx-hYEda5a3RhXMUkWFCjVDf0osY8eASksoN8HFOVpUMVfyTV9DsLpt7T88D6Lijc5LyDzgaxrwOeWiPQSosxBSBc8QhkBbYT-BgaARjWcjXhnJ4WbpAGN8mZ-FHqTl1y3y_GqesNk9jIpLBq1sKQq3YaXCIGs_1qXRIUS4rKQ3PMswotQOftflFMCV89yAaekxTbz2C3G_dwdBgDeLi4cJS8XiU58T65Yl9WjWZ6OAc-WLNLn_NBBSAqwRtVG_VnAeN8z8RCd5iKAZIYU2GlwPGYK9FaQftroO0GD93TRkUwSRiqwwKmjwYFFjksUtM-Ds8ZJ4P0rLUUNBQ9ahMHWJ9bYzomXS-dIt9cR-S99wk78sEXvHsNabeORXdojd5X0NkJKHcizT6uz8I-pKlBnjY8tTPBtgdeWmvh-bGasRvu0MO-gtE2DoaKziOyT1i7BjkVq8k25FF-g2EXfuXIovOsptqDCl5ixrxi2QLLqFQKlui8tTJQVoRIQJLB_IzMOuVwpjCBWrsOD2lhzIYuP8JR1dC7w75eKiXr9c09esK0xR8l2EmGJfGADwFLRivnyKuBXIrte6is1A1yr1QI=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0

AlvKdit.png

It could be a few things, whats your print speed btw?

It could be your over all print speed is to much, but i think you have another problem looking at the top layer of the base i can see that the paths are not all joined to each other and you got gaps between them. This could be filament size settings, line width settings and filament flow.

If you go to file and save project you be able to upload your 3MF file to the post and this will let people see your full settings.

On 11/18/2020 at 4:57 AM, Carla_Birch said:

It could be a few things, whats your print speed btw?

It could be your over all print speed is to much, but i think you have another problem looking at the top layer of the base i can see that the paths are not all joined to each other and you got gaps between them. This could be filament size settings, line width settings and filament flow.

If you go to file and save project you be able to upload your 3MF file to the post and this will let people see your full settings.

Print speed is 50 mm/s, infill 50 mm/s, top/bottom 25 mm/s. I see what you mean about the gaps, but didn't think they were significant enough to worry about - so I should be getting a better quality out of the top face you think?

I forgot to save the settings, but haven't changed print speed and flows.

Flow is all 95%, I have this extruder with e-steps changed to 139 from stock. I found 95% flow to give me approx. +/-0.02mm on a calibration cube. Line width set to 0.4mm.