bed adhesive suggestions UM1

lee

Posted · bed adhesive suggestions UM1

I eventually run out of my gratis blue masking tape... I noticed it was made by 3M so ordered some wider 3M blue tape. The original blue tape stuck like a mother and after every single print the blue tape would need to be changed as it would tare in the removal etc etc.

But the new blue tape (as well as trying standard white masking tape... and very expensive green 'frog tape') doesnt stick very well at all.

I have to use V05 hair gel spray to get a slight stick as well as a raft.

Im just wondering what you guys use to increase adhesion ?

ps..

I haven't got a heated bed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
        • 3 replies
      • UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies