Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  

Ultimaker Stepper motor noisy.

hello. just been running some oddly successful prints, however i have noticed my Y stepper motor is alot louder than the X motor, any trouble shooting, could it be belt too loose / tight, or possibly faulty stepper motor, it isn't effecting print quality though.

Is this an Original Ultimaker, or UM2?

Have you tried turning off the printer, and moving the head around by hand? It should move with fingertip pressure on both sliding blocks for an axis at the same time. That can be a good way to identify any spots where there is more friction, or something catching. Wouldn't hurt to add a few drops of light oil to the axes (e.g., sewing machine oil).

nevermind. ultimaker origonal. turned out i hat the red left rear stop switch cable caught in the plywood, causing it to bend slightly its alot quite now. however im wondering, what should the PLA look like going through the Bowden tube? should it have marks on it?

nice tip on moving it with finger pushing and the sewing machine oil. i imagine some may have come off during assembly!