Feed 2 sensor flow issues.

Bobriley

Posted · Feed 2 sensor flow issues.

Hi @Bobriley,

Welcome in here,

Congratulation with a brand new printer.

You said you got a new printer (with material station) so it must be an UM-S5, right?

I've a S3 and guess they both use the same feeder unit.

I have found that some filaments will keep "strongly" the curvature from the spool, so I've use to straighten out the first (3-4)" or say about 10 centimeter of the spool.

This make the filament go strait in without any "hang up" inside the feeder unit.

My best guess is that this might happen if the filament is feed by the hand or feed from the material station.

But think others might have some advice for this issue.

Thanks

Torgeir

Posted · Feed 2 sensor flow issues.

Hi,

Yes, S5. I was using AquaSys 120, and I have been thinking that as the spool gets smaller, the bend memory gets larger and that filament is stiff, like glass. I ham going to turn off flow sensor and see what happens if I print again. I have "modified" the flow sensor with zip ties to shorten the gap inside the unit to hopefully keep the feed from jumping out of track. Wish me luck. LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies