Problem with Dimension

dogearn2309

Posted · Problem with Dimension

If I print out a 3D printing model which is larger or smaller than 3d digital model, I will adjust the horizontal expansion variable in shell section on Cura Software as current solution. However, I found out that My 3D printing model in X-axis dimension is 0.3 mm larger and the 3D printing model in Y-axis dimension is 0.8 mm larger.    

QUESTION:  How to fix this problem??       

Posted · Problem with Dimension

I've had this problem a lot over the years. Usually, it had something to do with tuning the e-steps of the printers on all of the non-ulitmaker printers.  I've even had a Prusa from the factory have the same exact issues.  If using an Ultimaker printer, try and set your horizontal expansion settings to what others have listed in the forums.  Another thing, equalize all of your jerk settings (I use 20), and speed settings.  Moreover, play with the slicing tolerance and set it to exclusive for better dimensional accuracy.  Finally, make sure the model is cooled before you remove the print bed from the printer.  Then measure it.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1