Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
znib

New Ultimaker Original firmware in Cura 13.12?

Hi,

In the Cura release notes here https://www.ultimaker.com/blogs/news/2013/12/24/cura-13-12-release-notes

only a new Ultimaker 2 firmare is mentioned. However, in the new window with the release notes, which is shown when you first start Cura, new firmware for the Ultimaker Original is mentioned:

cura13.12

Which one is correct? Have both firmwares been updated?

Both are updated, but only the configured machines that you have are shown in the new release notes.

Ok, makes sense. :smile: I was just confused because the blog page only mentioned a firmware update for Ultimaker 2.

Btw, I like this new window with the release notes. And great work with the time estimates, I just printed the first time with the new Cura, it estimated 54 minutes and the print took 50 minutes. That's MUCH more accurate than before, especially on such a small print! How are you doing it? I thought the problem was, that Cura can't know the Acceleration / Jerk settings in the firmware?