*ARC WELDER PLUGIN* - Pls Help

Posted · *ARC WELDER PLUGIN* - Pls Help

Hey Guys,

I have been having some trouble with the ARC WELDER plugin in Cura. After downloading/ installing the plugin, once I restart Cura again I cant see the Arc Welder tab in special modes. Does anyone know how I can access it. It has been driving me crazy! 😞 Cheers

Posted (edited) · *ARC WELDER PLUGIN* - Pls Help

See this post:

Download the development snapshot linked therein, and drop the file onto the buildplate in Cura as if you were opening a 3d model.

Edited by ahoeben

If anyone gets this "non display" of Arc welder sorted out, please post it
    I have also just uploaded the plug in and no matter how much I search in all the menus, there is no Arc welder to be found.

17 hours ago, ahoeben said:

See this post:

Download the development snapshot linked therein, and drop the file onto the buildplate in Cura as if you were opening a 3d model.

I cannot find "development snapshot linked" and therefore cannot do this solution to get Arc Welder to display in my Cura 4.8 menu
    Please, if you don't mind, can you elaborate a bit more on where to find this solution to get Arc welder to display.

As luck would have it, the updated version has just been pushed to the Marketplace, so you can just update the plugin from there. Thanks @JelleSpijker

• Like 1

Just upgraded to Cura 5. In Cura 4.13 I used Arc Welder with good success. Cura 5 does not display Arc Welder even though I have installed it several times.  4.13 is printing much faster most likely because of Arc Welder. Same part, same settings are being used in Cura 5 but no Arc Welder and Cura 5 is taking much longer to print the part. There is no check box anywhere for Arc Welder in Cura 5. Help?

53 minutes ago, 3Dranger said:

Cura 5 does not display Arc Welder even though I have installed it several times.

Please try the following:

• In the Marketplace, uninstall Arc Welder
    • Restart Cura (this here is the important bit)
    • In the Marketplace, install Arc Welder
    • Restart Cura again.

It seems there may be a bug in Cura 5 where removing and installing (or updating) a plugin without restarting Cura after uninstalling will result in Cura thinking and showing the plugin has been installed without the plugin actually being present on your system.

Thank you, that worked, Arc Welder is installed. 4.13 is still printing 2 hours 22 minutes to Cura 5, 4 hours and 57 minutes. I have to figure that out now. Again, Thank you, 

3Dranger

I also managed to get Cure 5 running nearly as fast as Cura 4.13.  What a wonderful program. Thank you,

It could be nice for others if you shared what you had to change to get Cura 5 running nearly as fast as Cura 4.13

I did a split screen Cura 4.13 on the left, Cura 5 on the right. Went down setting by setting and matched them. That is all I did. If your happy with your 4.13 settings, start by using those same setting in 5, and make adjustments as needed.