Strange Surface

pakoxda1000

Posted · Strange Surface

1) Nice picture!

2) What country do you live in? Please say so in your profile.

3) What is your layer height?

This looks like over extrusion do to the Z axis not moving the full distance. The extruder is expecting the Z surface to move a certain amount and extrudes the proper amount of plastic for that distance. If instead the Z surface moves half the desired distance then there is a lot of extra plastic trying to squeeze out. How to fix?

You could print a little cooler so that the plastic has trouble squeezing out.

The better fix of course is to fix your Z axis so that it is better. This is difficult as there are many moving parts in the Z axis. Is this a UM1 or UM2? Did you grease the Z axis? Your UM should have come with a small green plastic thing with green grease. Put a small drop of grease (about 5mm in diameter) on the Z screw and slide the bed up and down past that 3 or 4 times. Also put some light petroleum oil on the 2 vertical rods. Just a small amount. Don't use WD40 as that has strong additives. Use sewing machine oil, baby oil, or other light (non viscous) petroleum oil.

There could be many other possible issues with your Z axis such as something with the Z nut, obstacles, vertical bearings, and more.

Posted · Strange Surface

Hi gr5

thanks for you reply. Do you really think it could be the z axis?

I made a vase today and made another two fotos. Vase means only 0.4 mm thick continuas rise I think:

I used 0.1 mm. I had 220 degree temperature.

gallery_32628_394_645912.jpg

gallery_32628_394_91136.jpg

I live in Germany.

Thanks

Regards

Patrick

Posted · Strange Surface

Did you use "spiralize"?

I still think it's a Z issue or possibly your bed is shifting side to side when changing Z. If these were 3mm apart (same as Z screw) then that would explain even more but these are only.

My other theory was that your extruder wheel wasn't round so it would overextrude then underextrude but I assume the vase uses either more or less plastic than your previous part. And both parts have overextrusion every 5 layers. If the parts are different sizes and problem was extruder gear then the quantity of layers would change.

So I still think this is related to Z somehow.

Posted · Strange Surface

Hi,

I think you are right I checked the z axis manually and there was some kind of resistance at a defined position. So I cleaned everything up and added new fat and oil and now the behaviour is gone. Probably some kind of dirt.

Thanks for the help

Regards

Patrick