Material Station with Custom Filament Colors

jficara

Posted · Material Station with Custom Filament Colors

Greetings,

I am using some ColorFabb nGen_LUX Filament, and the stuff works great however...

The recommendation is to use Eastman Amphora AM3300 for the Filament type. The challenge is that there is only one color "Generic".

I tried creating duplicates using Cura, one for each color that I have "Diamond Black" "Regal Violet" "Champagne Gold" however those don't get uploaded to the S5 / Material station so I can't load multiple spools of the ColorFabb nGen_LUX Filament with different colors.   When I try the Material Station just indicates AM3300 Generic.  So if I load multiple there is no way to select the one I want to print with... 

Is there a way to upload custom Filament configurations to the Material Station so they can be associated with the spool that is loaded?

Thanks so very much for your help. 

Hello,

You can create a new profile by exporting an existing profile,
    then editing it with a text editor, and importing it again.
    Cura uploads new profiles to the printer when it (Cura) is restarted.
    Make a new material profile for each colour.

The material name and GUID must be unique or Cura won't upload it to the printer.

Here are two examples (warning: not tested!).
    Sorry I had to zip them, there are restrictions to the types of files I can attach.

testprofiles.zip

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thank you. But still... we spent over 10k for this printer and i still have to go through and edit a profile to get it to upload properly, ridiculous. It should be as simple as a copy profile, edit the name and settings and done all within Cura. MAybe that has changed and now you can?