Material Station Requests

dcschooley

Posted · Material Station Requests

1. The ability to create our own profiles for the Material Station. I have some MatterHackers Pro nylon that prints great but hangs up when the material is pulled out of the print core at the end of the print. I think all that is wrong is that the core needs to be at a higher temperature. It would be nice to be able to fix this myself. 

2. The ability to disable one of the one of the "inputs" from the Material Station and feed that core directly from a spool on back of the printer. So core #1 would get fed from the Material Station and core #2 would get fed from a roll on the back of the printer. This will be useful when a material is either incompatible with the Material Station, such as ColorFabb Woodfill or some cheap stuff that I'm using to test designs because it is cheap, or when the supplier uses a weird spool size that won't work in the Material Station; taulman3D, I'm talking about you. This will also be useful for filaments such as PVA, which mostly work in the Material Station but sometimes cause problems. 

3. See #2, but better yet, Version 2 of the Material Station lets one of the rolls be outside of the box, but this might be asking too much. 

Thanks.