Inner Shell surface quality not so good as outer Shell

Piccanto

Posted (edited) · Inner Shell surface quality not so good as outer Shell

Hello,

i have a round part with outer diameter of 90mm and inner Diameter of 85mm. (Very simplified talked)

The Outer shell surface ist almost perfect printed but i dont seem to find the settings to get the same result in the inner shell. its like cura thinks the inner shell is not visible and the shell surface quality does not have to be so good as outer shell. Does there be some settings i have to activate or what im doing wrong ?

Edited by Piccanto

• Piccanto changed the title to Inner Shell surface quality not so good as outer Shell
    Posted · Inner Shell surface quality not so good as outer Shell

Please show a photo of the part and also a screenshot of Cura in PREVIEW mode.

Know that in Cura "inner" shell is something that you can't see once the part is fully completed.  I think you are printing a cylinder maybe?  Please include photo and screenshot.

Posted (edited) · Inner Shell surface quality not so good as outer Shell

the print preview from Cura

grafik.thumb.png.9526eb201f413443e2f3c534c02a5f20.png

View of the printed Part, left shows the focus on the outer shell which is pretty nice and right the Focus is on the inner Shell which is not good. I do not know whats wrong or is there a trick to tell cura to make a good inner shell ?

grafik.thumb.png.6be19ae6f3f88e02f953697e8a6ce3b1.png

Edited by Piccanto

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Inner Shell surface quality not so good as outer Shell

Looks like typical quality to me.  You can always increase quality by dropping the speed in half.  Again.  Slowing it down fixes all manner of quality issues.

That's all I got as that quality doesn't look too bad for FFF printing.