How to determine the location where the 3D printer stopped feeding material.

mtclimber51

Posted · How to determine the location where the 3D printer stopped feeding material.

I need assistance with my Ultimaker2 printer. I had about 3 hours left on a 40 hour print and the feeder cylinder on the stepper motor came off. I was away from the printer when this happen and when I came back the nozzle was about .5 inches above the plastic part. I paused the printer and would like to know how I can go back and pick up where it left off. Is there a way to access the NC code from the printer? What options do i have? 

Is there something in Cura that will help?

Any feedback is appreciated. 

Thank you. 

20210413_211247.jpg

20210413_211227.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
    Posted · How to determine the location where the 3D printer stopped feeding material.

I have another problem with the print. It started okay but about 3/4 of the way, the print started to distort and was no longer uniform. Even the color is lighter. Any thoughts?

20210425_193150_resized.jpg

20210425_193131_resized.jpg

20210425_193121_resized.jpg

The second part shows a lot of under-extrusion.  Since the lighter area isn't near as dense it shows as a lighter color.

I always ask myself "What's the last thing I did?".  If it was that brass driver then check the set screw again.

There is also the ever popular "partial clog" in the nozzle to consider.  Something interfered with the filament flow, and it started all at once.