Bondtech DDG on UM2 Extended

Posted (edited) · Bondtech DDG on UM2 Extended

Hello guys, greetings.

So, I am using Tinkergnome V17.10.1 (which I believe is the latest stable version) in a UM2 extended upgraded with a Bondtech DDG (with a adaptation piece found on YouMagine). I'm having two problems:

1)Once in a while my Printer inverts all the axis out from the blue, no clues whatsoever why it is happening, I have to factory reset it, and start all over again (and dialing all the steps again);

2) I am using the stock 0,9º extruder stepper motor, and since I installed the Bondtech extruder, depending on the nozzle temp, I get heavy and frequent losing steps. I have a feeling that I was using lower temps incorrectly (for the PLA brand - Brazil, so it's unlikely you would know it). Once I step temps up it gets on track, although I was not able to notice if it is affecting the print quality (dear strings).

Any ideas?

Is it better to install a newer Tinkergnome software? 

Thank a lot in advance.

Edited by my3DBr

• 8 months later...
    Posted (edited) · Bondtech DDG on UM2 Extended

I replaced de third party stepper motor gear for yet another, this time a metal one. For now it seems ok. I bought the DDG for a ultimaker 2. Not +. So I had to make some adaptations - a 11 teeth gear (Aliexpress although you can print one) and a spacer adaptor - which I printed.

Edited by my3DBr