Ultimaker 4.9.0 Crashed - lost everything!

zen0m0rf

Posted · Ultimaker 4.9.0 Crashed - lost everything!

As above, the application crashed saying an error has occurred, do you wish to backup and reset (words to the effect).
I clicked on ok, it sat there then closed, I waited and reopened Ultimaker. Then went to manage backups and there was NONE there!

Did it do the backup in some other place because it crashed? Or have I lost EVERYTHING??

Thanks

Martin

The backups you can manage from within Cura are stored into the cloud. The backup that is created from the crash-screen is a local backup.

To find the local backup, go to Help -> Show configuration folder. Then go up one folder. There should be a zip file there, containing your backup. To restore from that backup, you would place the respective files from that zip to the folder that opened when you pressed "Help -> Show configuration folder". However, if you just restore the full thing, then Cura will tell you again that an error has occurred offering you to backup and reset. You are going to have to find out which part(s) of the configuration has become corrupted, and not restore that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 4.9.0 Crashed - lost everything!
    7 hours ago, zen0m0rf said:

would the cura.log from the crash be useful to you find out what killed it?

Yes, that is very helpful.

From that log, it looks like your printerprofiles etc should actually still be just fine from the zipped backup. The crash that happened seem to be caused by you being logged in to an Ultimaker Account, but something is going wrong checking your account. Did you have an internet connection when Cura crashed on startup?

You could restore the entire backup zip, and edit the cura.cfg file to remove the line starting with

ultimaker_auth_data = 

Removing that line will log you out of your account in Cura, and will let you start Cura even without an internet connection.

Personally I don't log in to my account in Cura; I don't use any Cloud features myself.

Edited by ahoeben

Thanks again, I was connected to the net yes, so im not sure what went wrong,
    Can i restore the backup to the later 4.9.1 version?

Martin