Ultimaker 3 "Unrecognized Print Core"

ts20124

Posted · Ultimaker 3 "Unrecognized Print Core"

Hey all,

So my AA 0.4 print core in slot 1 of mu Ultimaker has been worn out I believe. I bought a new Solex Everlast kit, and started working on inserting it today. I started the print core change process, and after inserting the new Solex core into slot 1, the printer gave me a motor control error and the screen froze. So I restarted it, and then it said "An unrecognized PrintCore was inserted in the print head." The screen was frozen and I can't do anything, so I had to turn it off again. I took out the new core, and turned it back on, and it came up fine. 

So I went through the Load process again, and same result - "Unrecognized PrintCore". I took it out and turned it off, and back on, back to normal. So I tried the Load process again, this time to put the original AA 0.4 core back in. I did that and now - "Unrecognized PrintCore". I tried this a couple more times, and each time the same error.

So I decided to try the Solex core in slot 2. I went through the change process, and this time the printer took the new core and accepted it like nothing! So I tried loading the good AA 0.4 core from slot 2 into slot 1, and behold, "Unrecognized PrintCore"...

So, TLDR, my printer won't accept any print core in slot 1 now, Ultimaker brand or not. Any help?

Contact 3DSolex, it seems the Solex print core has damaged your print head board due to some contact problems.

Hmm I might have to. I also found out I can't print without a second print core inserted, so the printer is completely down and out now...

I tried a factory reset also, and no luck. So it's still stuck.

Hi,

you could try to clean the printcore-contacts of the printhead with a cotton swab and alcohol and perhaps reseat the plug of the printhead cable. Possibly it's just a contact problem and no circuit damage.

Regards