HELP ME OUT: need your opinion on two new technologies

3Dforlive

Posted · HELP ME OUT: need your opinion on two new technologies

Hi I am currently doing research on 3D-printers and Ultimaker for my university.

I have to make an analysis about two new technologies: UV-paste extrusion and pellet extrusion. 

Would you be willing to switch to one of these technologies? Please comment which one and why.

Thank you for helping me out.

Posted · HELP ME OUT: need your opinion on two new technologies

There have been a couple of people that have come in here with questions about setting up Cura for a paste extruding machine.  If you do a search of the forum, those posts should come up.  Maybe a PM would be in order to ask them a question directly.  Personally I don't know anything about it.

In regards to pellet extrusion, those are generally larger machines that put out a lot of material.  As a retired old fart and hobbyist I have no need to FDM print a house or boat.

Here is an example of one poster's pellet extruder in this thread.  It's a self-built printer, it takes up a lot of space, and he anticipated "output around 2kg/h".  Even in Detroit schools that comes out to at least $40/hr just for material.

• Like 1