Default Temperature Settings

BriPriUK

Posted · Default Temperature Settings

I've just started 3d printing with an Anycubic Mega Zero 2. The printer is working fine, but when I set the temperatures in Cura to 205 and 60 (see screenshot) they are not picked up by the printer when the gcode file is loaded from the SD card - the printer stays at it's default (195 and 0) and I have to set them manually before I start printing.

What am I doing wrong?

Brian2085321332_ScreenShot001.JPG.dc164faa09c06f9975c6e0236815d75f.JPG

Hi @BriPriUK I have a couple of questions.

First how did you add your printer to Cura? I can't add an Anycubic Mega Zero 2 since there is no definition file in the source. So I can't check it myself. 

It could be that this is defined in the start g-code. You can check that in the machine settings. Could you make a screenshot of that? 

There are different temperatures that can be set.  You are in the Basic Setting view and can't see them all.

Above the settings there is a search box and to the right of search box is a dropdown icon of 3 horizontal lines.  Click on that and go down and set the Settings Visibility to "all".

You will see the temperature section of Material like this:

Untitled.thumb.png.923d27e0ad1019956601e3878054d5e9.png

I looked at the StartUp Gcode in your printer definition file and it looks fine.  If you would post one of your "bad" gcode files here @fvrmr or I will take a look and see what is going on.

I’m also having this same issue on my creality CR6-se after updating to Cura 4.10

im trying to print pla now instead of abs like I normally use and when changing the temps from 250/90 to 210/60 so I can print the pla, it keeps printing at 250/90 on the printer.

2A51CAD8-01E5-4EFE-82B9-1E65235ADA25.jpeg

73DFC1D6-8624-4F25-ACA6-255A2E660E44.jpeg

When errors occur they (usually) get documented.  The Cura.log file, your STL file, or a 3mf project file, and sometimes a gode file, may have the clues to a problem.  Without any documention we just have some verbiage that may or may not be an accurate description of what is really going on.

A problem may occur in an installation, in a model, in a definition, In a user's settings, or in the Cura output.  Without a log or 3mf file then diagnosing a problem is like shooting in the dark.  People here are certainly willing to help, but nobody really likes to just guess.

So if you would - Please post a 3mf file and your Cura.log file.