filament hardly coming out from the nozzle

amysyu

Posted · filament hardly coming out from the nozzle

It is a new print head and I have hard time to get the filament coming out from the nozzle or sometime they won't even come out. Thanks!

Here is the video: 

Which print core is installed in the right position, AA or BB?

The feeder lever is fully closed?

The marker on the feeder for the tension is on the middle position?

Hi, I have the same problem the core is the same BB, the feeder lever is fully enclosed and the tension marker is on the middle. 

What should I do?

Posted (edited) · filament hardly coming out from the nozzle

It is AA. What level it should be? It is around the middle and the feeder lever is fully closed. 

3956DB48-A3CA-466D-A900-0C67227C7F72.jpeg

Edited by amysyu

That looks ok.

My next idea is to clean the print core or try another one. I guess the core is clogged.

Another question you said it is a new printer, but is it brand new or did you bought it second hand? It is very strange that a new printer has such problems.

No, it is not a second hand printer.... It was bought from Ultimaker....:(

The print head is also new... 

I would contact the reseller and he should fix all the issues. For that price tag you should get a printer in perfect condition.

If you still want to try it yourself, then try to clean your print core. There are good instructions on the Ultimaker support site.

When i took the filament out it looks like either the feeder or the tension is very tight. Here is the damaged filament around the feeder. 

49286DFF-43EF-4B80-9556-2FA19F7039A0.jpeg

And looks like the filament id grinding in the feeder. 

572D0AC0-0DC5-4EF3-89A7-A9E4FA4245D6.jpeg

Here is a better picture. The filament is only half thick around the feeder. 

25D8AD84-4E0D-4FA3-A61E-065AD7FB5F28.jpeg

This happens also when the nozzle is clogged.

Another possibility is that the nozzle is not clogged but you did a mistake during loading. 

Can you cut the bad part of the filament and to the loading again? Leave the lever of the feeder closed, click load filament from the display, choose material and then put the filament into the feeder. The feeder grab the filament and transport it very slowly. When you see the filament is coming out of the feeder press the button and the printer will transport the filament to the print head in a faster speed and then starts to extrude it. It can take a few moments until material will be extruded.

I guess you probably missed one step or waited too long until you press the confirm button. In that case the feeder tries to transport the filament but cannot because it is already in the end position at the nozzle. The feeder wheel grabs into the filament and you get the bite mark. Then when the nozzle is hot enough and should extrude material, the feeder cannot transport it because of the bite mark.

I hope you see what I try to explain, so please just try it again, but be careful what you do. If you are unsure, make another video please.

• Like 1

got it!! After two days battle, it is calibrating!!! Thank you! 

5A2DEBFE-9868-4B8D-BD8A-EB88D722FF7F.jpeg

Congratulations 😀

I am glad it was helpful and hope you can now start your very first real print job.

solved! thank you for the tips! 

yes was a nozzle clogged. strange because is a new printer, It had around 200 hr. working. how long is supposed to work the nozzles

signal-2021-07-16-105219_002.jpeg

signal-2021-07-16-105219_001.jpeg

I am a little bit confused now, are we talking about the same printer as amysyu? Because it that case it was a brand new printer without any prints?

Anyway, you are aware of that the print core is not made to replace the nozzle? To clean the nozzle you don't have to dismount the print core, there are instructions on the UM website how to do it.

Sorry my fault, got it, you had the same problem but a different printer.