UM2 Head Milling!

mcmarkus

Posted · UM2 Head Milling!

You could try adjusting the end stop so that the print head stops just short of hitting the side wall. Just loosen the two screws and move it inwards towards the print head. These are what I'm talking about:

endstops

It is hard to say on the picture with that angle, but can you try to bend your fanshroud slightly either upwards or downwards? (based on the picture I think it should be slightly upwards).

Well,

the switch was already blended in my UM2, so I decided for another strategy. I've changed the shape of the screws using my lathe:

DSC00902U

DSC00904U

and at the same time I've followed Sander's suggestion and I've blended a little more the fanshroud; issue successfully solved:

DSC00906

the scratch on the picture is the older one, but you can notice that the screws are now inside the shape of the fan.

Thanks,

Marco.