Time and Layer on LCD

obijakobe

Posted · Time and Layer on LCD

So currently I have two post processing scripts on. I have the Display Filename and Layer turned on and Display Time Remaining. I dont care as much about the Filename and mainly just want to see how long it says it has left and what layer its on. Am I able to add to the text box "On " so that it doesnt use the file name and shows "On Layer 1 of...." instead? Then if I reorder the scripts can I get it to show the Time remaining first then show the "On layer...."?

And now you have three.

This one is un-official but I like it.  ShowProgress.py sends the layer-of-layers, and the time remaining to the LCD with a M117.  It has a fudge factor for the "time remaining" which I've found to be 1.1 on my Ender.

The form on the LCD is "1/222 | ET 2H32M"

Unzip the file and put ShowProgress.py in the "...Cura 4.x.x\Plugins\PostProcessingPlugin\scripts" folder.  It will be available as any other post processor.  It will not self install if you install a new version of Cura.

ShowProgress.zip

Thanks for that man.

Just another reason to hate Google Chrome. Wouldn't give me the option to allow the download even though it wants to flag it. I had to turn off safe browsing to do it then go back in and turn it back off. Why cant the idiots just give us an option to allow a certain file if we trust the thing? What sucks is I am a C# developer and have a little bit of experience with Python but since the code was already written didn't want to take the time combining bits of both scripts together.

So do the other two scripts need to be used since you said three? Or can I remove the original scripts I was using and only use this one?

Posted (edited) · Time and Layer on LCD

You don't have to remove them from Cura.  Next to the Slice button is a crossed hammer and wrench.  Click on it and you can click on the X next to a plugin and de-activate it.  Then use Add a Script and find Show Progress and activate that one.

If the crossed hammer and wrench isn't there then go to Extensions | Post Processing | Modify Gcode and select Show Progress there.

I'm a VB guy which is kind of like knowing Latin.

Edited by GregValiant