UM1 received in Alaska!

Posted · UM1 received in Alaska!

I received my first 3D printer, the UM1, yesterday morning. I stained all the wood Indigo Blue before realizing there was no UltiController Kit in the box. Later today, I will look more closely at the parts I did receive and make certain nothing else is missing.

I also received one roll of yellow filament rather than the Flexible black and Transparent I had ordered. I believe the filament was on back order, though I was given no evidence of such in the packaging.

Hi Xisle

Do you have the Ulti-controller ordered?

The Ulti-controller must be purchased separately for the kit, I think.

Heating bed, dual extrusion kit, and Ulti-controller, are optional components.

I think the heating bed is a very important component for Alaska ... brr.brr. :smile:

I also believe that each machine contains a free role filament. If you have already ordered more things, then those things could come later with a second package.

Markus

I definitely ordered the UltiController Kit. I bet, due to the unexpected delay in my order, they quickly shipped out a UM1 Kit and everything else I ordered will come together at a later date. The packing slip certainly doesn't indicate that.

I can imagine the learning curve and calibration will keep me busy until the rest of my parts arrive.

I do worry a little about fluctuation in temperature from my shop entrance opening/closing throughout the day.

UM1 Packing Slip

So you wait not in vain, and not have to speculate. Ask the Ultimaker support, where is the rest of the order.

How warm you can keep your shop for? And with what because the room is heated? Is it because very quickly in the minus range when the door opens?

But I think it is sufficient to choose a place that can not be so much disturbed by the wind.

Have fun and learn while tinkering.

Markus

No, my mistake, there is apparently no official heating bed for the UM1. But at least there are a pair of good instructions on how to do it yourself.