Printer ignores settings; Help!

facere

Posted · Printer ignores settings; Help!

Having had lots of fun with my ultimaker 2, I had a few SD reader card errors and ought out the latest upgrade, to sort out both that and a bug related to the default ABS temp settings. However now, I'm trying to use PLA again and having clicked the setting for PLA and starting a print, the head never heats, and if I hit "tune" it shows that it's at room temp and is trying to 'heat up' to 0 degrees (Celsius).

If I make a custom material setting and put the temp at PLA temp, the same happens. I can print if from the tune menu I put it to 220 or so, it obeys that, but it's becoming annoying to set each time.

It heats the bed first, and only starts heating the head after the bed is (almost) finished heating. So if you look in the tune menu it will show the temp as 0 until the bed is ready.

Are you sure that isn't all that you are seeing?

I'm fairly sure that that's not the issue; it shows the temperature of the head at say 23/0 as opposed to 23/220 or preferably 23/220; and the printer doesn't start printing until I tell it to be 23/220 as opposed to what it starts as.

Oh hang on, having checked up, you're entirely right.

Somehow for the past week that has eluded me entirely, so either I've been ignorant or you have used blackmagic to addle my memory and fix the printer.

Either way, sorry and thanks!

There are a few bugs related to the filament settings where they get corrupt, and changing the filament settings. I know Daid fixed one of them very recently. I recommend you get the latest Cura either now, or wait until the next one comes out (not sure if the fix is available yet) and then upgrade your Marlin.

Until it's fixed, just do it on the tune menu.

Also, if you are in the Tune menu before the print starts, I think it won't actually start printing until you close that menu. I'm not sure if it will start the head heating at the appropriate time while the menu is open - you may have to close the menu before it will turn on the head heater.

No it does. As soon as you dial the new temp it starts changing temp. Even before you "set it" by clicking.

But it's true that it won't print until you exit tune.