Preview doesn't update with changed infill settings

ttshaw1

Posted · Preview doesn't update with changed infill settings

I'm trying to change the Infill Line Directions setting so that I don't have any infill lines going all the way down my long, thin rectangular part. No matter how I set the Infill Line Directions, the infill lines in the preview won't change orientation. I then noticed that I can also change the Infill Pattern, e.g. to Triangles, again with no change in the preview infill. Finally, I changed the Infill Line Distance from 6mm to 100mm and again saw no change.

After making any of these changes, the software spends a few seconds slicing, but no changes are reflected in the preview as far as I can see. Am I misunderstanding somehow how this is supposed to work?

Thanks!

My printer is an Ender 3 Pro.  It's odd that you can't make the changes.  I wonder if it is a problem with the install.  Did this just start or has it been going on a while?  I'm using 4.10 now but I never noticed a problem with 4.8 or 4.9.

I own one printer but I have 10 or 12 installed in Cura for troubleshooting.  Occasionally I'll notice oddities when changing printers.  You can try installing another printer in Cura and it will become the active printer.  Switch back to your printer and see if things straighten out.

Do you have the “Spiralize outer contour” setting turned on? In that case there is no infill, no matter what pattern or density you select.

3 hours ago, GregValiant said:

going on a while?

That's tough for me to say. I haven't used any older versions of Cura to compare it to.

"Spiralize outer contour" is off.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the preview is supposed to look - my interpretation of this is that it's drawing  infill, and I can't get this appearance to change no matter how I jimmy the settings. Is that incorrect?image.thumb.png.3351cb813216c3abc0bbd0253ab3c66e.png

It looks like that is a bottom layer, which does not have infill.

Yeah, that's the bottom skin.  It's "Top/Bottom Line Directions" that you want.  Since you have the part at about 45° to the bed - try [0,90] for line directions.

That explains it. Thanks for the help!