I’ve removed T0 from my printer and am trying to figure out how I can change cura to output T1 by default instead of T0. I have my printer setup for multi-color (4extruder) so having to modify with a post script or manually editing isn’t very convient. If anyone could point me into the right direction on what I need to modify, I’m comfortable modifying the code if I have an idea where to look.

thanks in advance!

Posted (edited) · Cura

The only problem with that is, I have extruder  1 displayed as disabled then. I have want to permanently change it so Ext1 outputs T1, Ext 2 outputs T2 and so on. The way a logical person would count, not how a computer counts. I’m tired of mixing up which color I have in witch Tool because of the number shift. I tried changing the extruder train so it started at 1 instead of 0 but it didn’t have the effect I was hoping for.

Edited by Cbldwn

59 minutes ago, Cbldwn said:

Ext1 outputs T1, Ext 2 outputs T2 and so on

Then add a postprocessing script. One or more Search and Replace scripts will do, or you can write your own postprocessing script that does exactly what you want.

The problem with using a post script is that I would most likely have to configure it with every print and start with the highest numbered extruder and work to the lowest or It would end up mixing up tools. It bring more potential for problems. I want to fix it right by editing the cura. I’ve already made my own printer setting with all my customizations. I also would like to figure out how to add a check box to the printer settings page for enabling/disabling firmware retract. For now I’ve just installed the printer setting pluggin so I can atleast have it in the settings menu.

I already changed the extruder train and was able to get the extruder 0 removed from cura, all I need now is to change the starting output tool number from 0 to 1 but haven’t been able to find where that would be located yet.

47 minutes ago, Cbldwn said:

The problem with using a post script is that I would most likely have to configure it with every print

No, you don't; Postprocessing scripts persist between sessions, are saved with projects, etc.

You are making this hard for yourself by ignoring the options that Cura gives you and trying to reinvent the wheel.

Posted (edited) · Cura

Yes I know post processing script is saved. For a single color it would work fine for. I’m running 4 colors but I don’t use all 4 in every print. If I stay witch changing T0 to T1 using post processing and I have more then 1 tool I will end up with duplicates. Therefor I would have to start with t3 changed to t4 and work my way down. Not sure how it will react if I have t4 disabled for a print. Regardless my printer isn’t the only printer out there that doesn’t use T0 for an extruder as some use them for a second z-axis. There should be a place in the program that designates what the extruder output starts with. I want to know where this is so I can change it instead of using work arounds. I’ve used post scripts before and have found them to sometime cause more problems then they solve.

Edited by Cbldwn

Is there perhaps a way to disable it and then hide it in the GUI?