Is it possible to print top surface only with concentric rings

dougconran

Posted · Is it possible to print top surface only with concentric rings

I'm using Cura v4.11 to print a PLA disc using an Ultimaker 3.  Ideally I would like to print the top surface only with concentric rings, keeping the bottom surface to lines (the top and bottom are slightly different widths and I get an odd kink in the bottom layer if that, also, is concentric).  So, first question is: is it possible to limit concentric rings to the top layer only.  Secondly, can I get it to print from centre out (or outside to in)?  At the moment it will only print inside to halfway out and then outside to halfway in which gives a two-tone affect (I haven't yet tried smoothing because of the additional printing time)

Posted · Is it possible to print top surface only with concentric rings

It should be possible to do this with modifier meshes, but it would require manual work (since you have to position the models yourself).

There isn't a way to change the order in which it's printed as far as I know.