3D printing direct from CURA

OZ6YM

Posted · 3D printing direct from CURA

My Anet A8 is running MARLIN vers. 1.19 - I have used Cura 14.07 as recommended by the seller, and I could with 14.07 slice and print direct to my Anet A8.

Now, I have installed the last version of CURA 4.11.0, but I can not find my way to print direct to  my printer. Is it not possible anymore ?
or how do I start printing without using an SD-card???

Thanks for all answer...

You mean printing via USB connection? It should be still included in the latest Cura but it is not under active development since years, because printing via USB is not recommended and Ultimaker printers don't use it anymore. 

You can check if the USB printing plugin is installed, check the marketplace. Or if you want to print via network you have to install Octoprint on a Rasperry Pi, then you can use the Octoprint plugin for Cura.

• Like 1

Well... It looks like the USB print plugin already is in the  last version of CURA 4.11.0.

Down in the right corner click on the icon saying SAVE, and the option comes to print via USB, so...

Thanks for nothing!!!

13 hours ago, OZ6YM said:

Thanks for nothing!!!

You are welcome....

11 hours ago, JTMD said:

so, a guy walks in to a BMW dealership and complains his Yugo wont start....

Sadly we often have do deal with such cases and the rant of some users not understanding that Cura or Ultimaker cannot solve all issues with their Chinese printers. - But we are also here for that 🙂 

• Like 1