Shell settings

Technologies_Nivales

Posted · Shell settings

Hi Cura community,

I'm totally new in 3D printing so this question might sound trivial for most of you...

I have an Anycubic Mega S printer. I use Cura 4.11.

I have to print "wings" with a NACA profile. I do have some stiffeners inside the shell for mechanical purposes.

I need a wall thickness of 1.2 mm.

To minimise the printing time, I'm trying to get rid of the infill.

I was thinking to print it as a shell but I can't find the "shell settings"... can you help me to find it?

Or do you have other proposition to make it work?

Posted · Shell settings
    4 hours ago, Technologies_Nivales said:

I can't find the "shell settings"... can you help me to find it?

Well in Cura there are settings for "Walls" and "Infill" (among many others) - is it this what you're looking for?

In case you haven't found it yet - there's an online manual for Cura  - quiet comprehensive.

Maybe switching to custom print settings is needed first?

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012028419-How-to-use-the-custom-print-settings-in-Ultimaker-Cura

Posted · Shell settings

I see - the former "Shell" section is splitted into "Walls" and "Top/Bottom". The change happened in Version 4.10 (as far as i can see).

But anyway - i work a lot with the filter function in Cura , that's usually the fastest way to find relevant settings.