Hello from Bavaria, Germany!

sigi

Posted · Hello from Bavaria, Germany!

I'm very new to this community in regards to posting something. However I was already following all the posts during the last 9 weeks when waiting for my UM2.

I esteem the warm and professional atmosphere in this forum!

Last Friday I received my package from Ultimaker :smile:

What to say? Hm? I'm so excited of this product. I already had a lot of fun this weekend with the UM2.

Yesterday evening I tried the jpg-processing functionality of Cura.

So here is the first printed result:

A really perfect print:

20140120 091803

20140120 091821

However, the truth of this print can only be seen when using light behind the print:

20140120 092843

Again, I'm really excited what's possible with UM2.

A warm "hello" to the whole Ultimaker community and to the Ultimaker-Team from Bavaria!

Special thanks to Sander for keeping me updated via PM about the status of the delivery of my UM2!

I appreciate being part of this community!

Sigi

Hi Sigi,

Thank you and welcome to the community!

The print came out really well. I think the idea is that it shows the image through light.

You could perhaps make the layer thinner so less light is needed to emphasize the image inside.

But it already looks really good :)

I am curious to see what else you will be making!

Welcome to the community Sigi ! :-)

If thats your first print, I think we can expect some amazing things from you :-)

I really have to sit down myself and try printing one of these photo jpg prints.. they look JAW DROPPING !! :-)

Anyway have brilliant fun with your ultimaker and please please please post some photos of the cool things you print ;-)

Schone Grusse und GRUSS GOTT aus Leipzig !

Ian ;-)

Hi Sigi!!! Welcome to the UM community!

I'm sure you'll have some questions as you go along, but don't hesitate to ask questions, and keep showing what you're printing: the UM2 is a great printer, I'm sure you'll get lots of great results.

Hi Ian and Albert.

Grüss Gott und Servus!

I'm living in the area between Nürnberg and Regensburg. Next larger city is Neumarkt.

Sigi

Hi Sigi!!! Welcome to the UM community!

I'm sure you'll have some questions as you go along, but don't hesitate to ask questions, and keep showing what you're printing: the UM2 is a great printer, I'm sure you'll get lots of great results.

Hi Illuminarti. I'm sure the questions will come ...

I'm glade to have one day off today to try a lot of things with the UM2.

For sure I will show what I'm able to get out of this machine.

Sigi