Cura not recognizing printer over USB

emeybee

Posted · Cura not recognizing printer over USB

Hello,

I need to install new firmware on my Sovol SV01 in order to use BLTouch, but Cura doesn't see the printer when I connect it over USB, even though Windows does. It is listed in device manager as COM3.

I have two different computers, one with Windows 10 and one with Windows 11 and it doesn't work on either. I have tried Cura 4.0, 4.8, and 4.11 and they all have the same issue.

I have tried updating the drivers to the ones on TH3D and that does not help either.

I have tried connecting to both my original OEM board, and the silent OEM board I am trying to replace with with and neither are recognized.

I read that it can take up to 5 minutes for the printer to be recognized, but I left it for several hours and it never was.

I don't know what else to try.

The error logs from my latest attempt is attached. They have all said similar things about the unknown USB device.

Please help!

cura.log

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue with my Monoprice Mini 3D V2. Why is there no reponse to our issues? I tried the Arduno driver that ws suggested and also included in Cura, but the driver doesn't get installed. Why?

Keep in mind that USB printing is not supported anymore by Cura.

The function is still there, so some users still uses USB printing, but don't expect any updates.

Cura is a tool for slicing objects and for many printers it can also send the sliced object to the printer. The early Ultimaker models were Arduino based and for those printers a firmware update function is available.

Updating firmware can be very different for all printer models and is not the target functionality of Cura. Check the manual of your printer for how to update the firmware, contact your reseller, or check the manufacturer's website.