"Unable to Slice" issue

johnnyleow

Posted · "Unable to Slice" issue

Hi everyone,

I am a beginner in 3D printing and recently encountered an issue with slicing my model.

I have to enable only extruder 2 as extruder 1 is damaged. The printer model is Ultimaker-3 extended.

However, I am constantly encountering the issue:

"Unable to slice, Please review your settings and check if your models:

1) Fit within the build volume

2) Are assigned to an enabled extruder

3) Are not all set as modifier meshes. 

image.thumb.png.0803a87eaf705bb96068ccea891f88c4.png

I have been playing around with the settings menu and changing the orientation but to no avail as I am still rather new to 3D printing.

Seeking everyone's kind guidance on this matter.

Posted · "Unable to Slice" issue

From the picture it looks like your object sits not on the build plate, so bring it down or check in the settings the option to place the model to the build plate automatically.

And when you have disabled the first extruder check if you have selected an extruder to print. Select the model and then in the options on the left side there are two icons where you can select which extruder should print your selected model.