Weak print-outs. Layer not sticking well to each other

pineirod

Posted · Weak print-outs. Layer not sticking well to each other

Hi there,

The last two times I printed the quality of the result was not good.

It seems like the layers are not sticking well to each other. There are loose "threads" of material.

It is also very weak. Easily breakable.

I am using PLA from BASF on an Ultimaker S5

In addition the first layers stick a lot on the glass plate. We use Magigoo

But this is new, it just started happening. I don't know if there is some setting we changed without realizing. We usually print with the engineering profile

thanks

regards,

PXL_20211011_081743861.jpg

PXL_20211011_081757970.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Weak print-outs. Layer not sticking well to each other

Hello

You can increase the support with "Support Horizontal Expansion". In addition, activate "Roof" and "Roof Horizontal Expansion". Then the overhangs are better supported. In the preview you can theoretically see what happens when you adjust these settings.

One thing about PLA is that you have to print it cool. And when you make monster parts like this, it's best to leave the doors open on the printer. I also sometimes print the PLA from BASF. It's good, but it doesn't stick very well to the plate if you've applied Magigoo several times.

Normal PLA is not really suitable for technical parts. It's more for the showcase 😇.

Next would be Tough PLA -> ABS -> PETG -> CPE -> CPE+ -> NYLON -> NYLON+CF -> PC -> PC+CF -> PEEK

Just going off the top of my head. So there are still increases in the choice of materials.

From CPE+ you need experience. And from PC+CF you need a different printer.

Many greetings

• Like 1