Export all profiles and Printers ?

Diplomator

Posted · Export all profiles and Printers ?

Hi, 

is it possible to export and import all Printers/settings and Profiles ? 

i found the function export but there its only possible to export one Profile by one , 

and not all i have a lot Profiles which i wanna export and save.

and how can i export printer profiles ? 

regads

Timo

Yes, that should work. In the new installation, go to Help -> Show configuration folder, then quit Cura and replace the files. Don't replace the files while Cura is running.

I did it with my whole class once I got printers set up on my computer.  Copied the contents of that folder to flash drive and gave to all of them.  Bam we all had all the printer profiles.  Wish Cura made this an easier process.... Like FFF files in S3D

• Like 1

In Windows, it's %APPDATA%\cura\<version number>

In Linux, it's ~/.local/share/cura

On a Mac, it's Macintosh HD\Users\[user_name]\Library\Application Support\cura 

• Thanks 1

HI

Will this bulk move also work from cura 4.13 to cura 5.5?

Regards

Meir

18 minutes ago, mrrcomp said:

Will this bulk move also work from cura 4.13 to cura 5.5?

If you're just upgrading Cura on a bunch of computers that are already set up, then Cura should update the profile from the older version automatically, so you just need to install the newer version.

If you have a profile in 4.13 which you need to copy to fresh computers with 5.5, you'll need to install 5.5 first (don't worry, it's happy to live alongside 4.13), run 5.5 once so that it updates the profile to be compatible with the newer version, and copy the settings from 5.5 onto the other computers with 5.5. Cura stores settings for each version in their own folders so it's easy to know which is which.

7 hours ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

If you're just upgrading Cura on a bunch of computers that are already set up, then Cura should update the profile from the older version automatically, so you just need to install the newer version.

If you have a profile in 4.13 which you need to copy to fresh computers with 5.5, you'll need to install 5.5 first (don't worry, it's happy to live alongside 4.13), run 5.5 once so that it updates the profile to be compatible with the newer version, and copy the settings from 5.5 onto the other computers with 5.5. Cura stores settings for each version in their own folders so it's easy to know which is which.

Thanks .. cura 5.5 wont run on the machine that currently has the 4.13 (graphic open gl cant be installed) will your process still work? I dont remember  cura 5.5 crashes or just doesnt open. 
    "for each version in their own folders" can you expand on what you mean?

Regards

Meir

6 hours ago, mrrcomp said:

"for each version in their own folders" can you expand on what you mean?

image.thumb.png.fcf60a73465e854da7fe94825e5e49bb.png

That's the %APPDATA%\cura\ folder on my machine. Each version of Cura stores its settings in a different folder. When you install a new version of Cura, it finds the settings folder from the most recent version and copies that (and modifies it to keep it up to date with the latest version if necessary).

6 hours ago, mrrcomp said:

Thanks .. cura 5.5 wont run on the machine that currently has the 4.13 (graphic open gl cant be installed) will your process still work? I dont remember  cura 5.5 crashes or just doesnt open. 

Copy your 4.13 profile over to one computer that has 5.5 installed (delete the existing 5.5 profile if it has one), open Cura, it'll grab the settings from 4.13 and make its own 5.5 folder, you then copy that 5.5 folder onto your other computers with 5.5.

Thanks to all who helped  worked like a charm  🙂