Hey guys

I am working for a health engineering startup and we wanted to print a pre model for an implant. Does someone know how PA6 is working with the Ultimaker 3? We wanted to use the 0.25 nozzle. Also we need to know how its behaving in the sunlight on long term.

Thanks

Valentin

Hi there.

PA6 works very well on the UM3. I use it all the time. You can get great results with 0.25 nozzle. 

The main thing is keeping the material dry. I store mine in a sealed container with desiccant and sit on the heat bed for a few hours before use. It does depend on how humid you environment is.

I have a part that I printed over 2 years ago on my roof of my house and it's holding up very well. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.8 beta released
        Another Cura release has arrived and in this 5.8 beta release, the focus is on improving Z seams, as well as completing support for the full Method series of printers by introducing a profile for the UltiMaker Method.
        • 1 reply
      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
        • 3 replies