Second print core scratches the extruded filament deposited by the other...

lj1

Posted · Second print core scratches the extruded filament deposited by the other...

Hello everyone,

I first need to say I'm a full beginner with 3D impression. I set my hands on a printer that was working properly, I tried changing material, and that was the beginning of the end...

After having unclogged the print core, I thought I could resend impressions with the initial PLA, the one that worked well. Well it doesn't anymore, while the first printcore is extruding, when the second crosses over the material that has been laid on the plate, it scratches it and messes everything up.

I tried setting up the temperature of the hotbed, using a bit of fixative, diminishing printing velocity....Last I tried downloading the latest firmware, because in the meantime I downloaded Cura 4.11 so I figured maybe the new version of Cura did not work well with the old version of the Ultimkaer 3 firmware.

I was wondering if I had repositioned print core 1 neatly after dismounting it, but I looked at a few pictures, and it seems that Ultimaker 3 does have a slight height difference between print core 1 and print core 2, right ?

If you have advices, I would be very happy :)

Posted · Second print core scratches the extruded filament deposited by the other...

Aaaaah, just having more and more troubles :(((((

Now the commuter switch doesn't work quite rightly anymore, actually that might be part of the initial problem...I tried resetting factory parameters, and then could not connect to wifi anymore, so I redid a user resetting (that might have not been the best thing to say),and still no ability to connect....

I add some pictures of the actual initial problem, and the position of the printcores...

IMG_20211020_163740.jpg

IMG_20211020_151911.jpg

IMG_20211020_151916.jpg

After watching a few videos, having run into different issues like problem of difference of height between the two nozzles and so on, I realised the problem is the second nozzle, that seems never to get up enough to let the other one do her job. Moreover, I cannot perform the calibration of the switch, the nozzle is brought down, but doesn't come up. I tried resetting factory parameters various times, but either the nozzle, either the switch movement do not come back normal.

What I would like to do is dismounting the 2nd print core, but it is actually blocked by the switch...

Any advice ?

I don't have a UM3 but I have the same printhead.

Normally printhead 2 is above printhead 1 when it is not needed. Only when the second printhead is activated is it below the first.

In theory, the switchover is made before printing starts at the plastic angle in the right-hand corner. With an S5, for example, you can't switch off the autolevelling. That's why you never get to this problem. (For this previously other)

But the steps may be the same.
    You have to recalibrate the switch for switching. The print head should switch as smoothly as possible, or without a loud click. I sometimes do the calibration several times until it works safely.

You can also check manually before calibration whether the switching works properly. If it is not possible to switch the cores manually, a small repair may be necessary.
    If it did not work properly before, the lift spring may have been twisted out of its holder.
    (But this rarely happens)

I also messed up the calibration at the beginning, right at the time of the first software update. Theoretically, the calibration is set by the person who assembles or tests the printer.

Good luck