Supports with multiple extruders

HtRabbit

Posted · Supports with multiple extruders

I have myself a Kraken hot end with four nozzles, I want to be able to print an object requiring supports in two colors. what I need to do is be able to assign the same color support as the object it's touching. having supports limited to one nozzle unfortunately means that when I print a blue ball that suspended in the air and has a support that is printed in Orange, because that is the color of the main item, I end up with orange stuck to the blue. all I need to be able to do is assign individual colors or extruders to the different support areas for example, any support material touching object one, would print with the same color / extruder as that object.

20211030_160435.jpg

20211030_160659.jpg

20211030_160956.jpg

Posted · Supports with multiple extruders
    On 10/31/2021 at 1:10 AM, HtRabbit said:

all I need to be able to do is assign individual colors or extruders to the different support areas

This is not something you can do in Cura. All supports are created as a single "model" internally, with a single extruder.

What you can do is not use Cura supports at all, but model your own in a 3d package. Do not use the "print as supports" option for those supports.

• Thanks 1