Pause print queue

varrader

Posted · Pause print queue

Hello,

i have two Ultimaker S5 running, we are printing via network, so we always have a long queue on our printers. Our problem is, we cannot do any maintenance between the prints. As soon as i confirm the removal of the parts, the next print job will start instantly. 

Only solution for this at the moment is to delete all prints in queue...

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Stefan

I agree it would be nice for the printer to give priority to a local user, and would only allow remote commands when there was no touchscreen input for 1 or 2 minutes. This feature is still under debate.

In Digital Factory you can select 'Disable Printer', this will disable the printer in the DF, including starting new jobs. The printer continues to finish the active job and you can execute all local commands. The queue in DF should restart again when you enable the printer again.

We tested DF, but due to many malfunctions and no real benefit for us we went back to direct printing without DF.

But i wasn't aware that there is such a function in DF, so thx for this. Maybe i will give it a try in the future if there are other useful features adding up.

@varrader Ultimaker made it confusing, but there are two different variants of Digital Factory: the cloud based version and the 'local network' version (previously named Cluster).
    In Cura, when you sign out of the Digital Factory, you can still access your local network printers. Or, alternatively, use a web browser and surf to the printer's homepage.

On the web page of the local printer there is an option for "Set to 'Not available'". This has the same functionality for temporarily stopping the print queue.

• Like 1

What we are doing for years is to insert a breakpoint into our queue.

The breakpoint is just a sliced part with for us unreasonable printcore/material settings.

One the first core it wants a AA 0.25 with Black Nylon, on the other a BB 0.8  with transparent Nylon. We have none of the printcores or materials, so it won't be printed. On top, the printer will give a warning if you load nylon into a BB 0.8 core. 

Like I said, we are using it for years like this, works perfectly.

• Like 2