How to Eject SD Card in Cura

Rocketprinter

Posted · How to Eject SD Card in Cura

When I slice and save G-Code to my SD CARD in my computer, I use too get a message next that would pop up and say EX: 'Do you want to EJECT E:\SD_CARD' (Something like that).  Now I don't get that nice message,  Now I have to go to the lower righthand side and eject the SD CARD in the E: drive manually..  How do I get that message to show up again in CURA? I have the latest 4.11.0,   Is this a Windows 10 issue or a CURA issue?  Please help.   

Thanks in advance!

• 8 months later...
    Posted · How to Eject SD Card in Cura

I've never saved to SD card because I want a permanent copy of every gcode file and every project so I always save to disk.  I also do "file" "save project as"  right after or before as I (very often) go back to an old project and load the newer version of the model so I start with the exact same slicing parameters as last time I printed this model (but different version or different printer or different model but similar).

However the normal process is you slice and then you look it over in preview by scrolling up and down through the layers as there is almost always a good reason not to print without changing something in the settings or in the model.

After slicing the button changes to be able to save/print the gcode.  The options include things like (but mostly I'm just guessing at some of these optoins):

save to disk   <-- I always choose this.  Always.  Even though I have a few other options.

save to removable drive A

save to SD card

print over network

print through digital factory

print directly through USB

You can switch among the available options on the right edge of the print/save button.  There may also be an eject SD card option but I've never noticed it.

Anyway the point is this:

Hitting "slice" does not save anything.

If Cura doesn't offer to eject the SD card then I'm sure it does not do this - you have to do this from your particular operating system - which is different depending if you use windows, linux, IOS.