Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

UM2+ Feeder Motor replacement part specs/manufacturer model

ansonl

Posted · UM2+ Feeder Motor replacement part specs/manufacturer model

Can anyone confirm the manufacturer model number or specs for the UM2+ feeder motor?

I am trying to upgrade my UMO+ to use the UM2+ feeder but have found conflicting information for the length of the D-shaft of the UM2+ feeder motor. 

The Ultimaker 2+ BOm (https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2Plus) says that the XY and feeder motors are different part numbers #1182 and #1977 respectively.

UM2+ XY motor 1182 below

image.thumb.png.17ca01e25931c7474bfe932d6d83556e.png 

UM2+ feeder motor 1977 below

image.thumb.png.85b6222cd0699c478d30638fbb8c6a0f.png

The STEP file for 1182 shows a motor with a ~17.75mm shaft and 1977 STEP file motor has a 24mm shaft. The UM2 (not plus) feeder motor seems to have a 24mm shaft. I read online that the UM2 feeder motor needs to be physically modified to fit the UM2+ feeder due to a "longer" shaft. I know that the UM2 feeder motor has a different step count then the UM2+ feeder motor. 

The closest manufacturer model number I've found for UM2+ feeder motor is SY42STH47-1684A but I'm not sure if that is even the right one. 

Does the UM2+ feeder motor actually differ from the UM2 feeder motor in shaft length?? They both seem to be 24mm long. Thanks. 

Posted · UM2+ Feeder Motor replacement part specs/manufacturer model
    17 hours ago, ansonl said:

Does the UM2+ feeder motor actually differ from the UM2 feeder motor in shaft length?

Yes, the shaft of the feeder motor is shorter on the UM2+ (if i remember right).

Anyways: i think you should look for the motor assembly (motor with on-pressed gear). The spur gear is not available as a separate genuine spare part (as far as i know - cheaper replicas are a different topic).

Ultimaker part number of the motor assembly is #9470