Brim extra layers?

movildejesus

Posted · Brim extra layers?

If you add a support blocker and scale it to say, .4 thick, and set it to print as a normal model, then you can place it adjacent to your real model so that it become part of the real model.  If you were to scale the X and Y large enough you could make your own raft and then place your model on top of it.

You could load the "Tab Anti-Warping" plugin from the MarketPlace and play around with that as well.  The anti-warp tabs are round and are commonly called Elephant Ears.  

Thank a lot for your help!!!

At the begin I thought eyy "Tab Anti-Warping" just I need.... but ive got a problem.... I dont know how to solve when just on the corner there are a hole.... and I dont want the round-brim fill the hole

imagen.thumb.png.da41130672d74cb811ac059d3ab41603.png

I think you will need to design a custom support brim and add it to the model.

This photo shows a 1mm custom brim.  You see the chamfer I added at the part line to make it easier to trim off.  The chamfer is .4mm thick at the bottom of the chamfer so it has a bit more strength.  It worked well.  If you do something like that you can cover both problem holes.

Posted (edited) · Brim extra layers?

My first print with the addition of multiple layers to the initial brim. I'm feeling like my first "hello world!" 🤣

image.thumb.png.59547b649e37c0e693f4002e35590e42.png

Edited by Cuq
    • Like 1

New test part ... Close to the final result, Still need to manage the retract but works with the Z-hop and a different First Layer height.

image.thumb.png.123a093e809098f7d28b33b815b34c5f.png