Is there a parameter that can be used in start g code to know the min/max x/y of object(s) being printed? (probe where printing)

sn2006gy

Posted (edited) · Is there a parameter that can be used in start g code to know the min/max x/y of object(s) being printed? (probe where printing)

I'd like to set my Mesh measuring to be slightly larger than print area (including skirt) and I can't seem to find if cura passes and max x / y into what i can consume in start g code area to be able to parameterize my mesh to only mesh the printed area.

Would like to do something like

M557 X{first_layer_print_min[0]}:{first_layer_print_max[0]} Y{first_layer_print_min[1]}:{first_layer_print_max[1]} S8

Edited by sn2006gy

• sn2006gy changed the title to Is there a parameter that can be used in start g code to know the min/max x/y of object(s) being printed? (probe where printing)
    Posted · Is there a parameter that can be used in start g code to know the min/max x/y of object(s) being printed? (probe where printing)

I see the gcode has values in comments - would be nice to just find where to pass these as parameters

[FR] Replacement patterns for print area · Issue #10884 · Ultimaker/Cura (github.com)

;FLAVOR:RepRap
    ;TIME:1813
    ;Filament used: 2.3164m
    ;Layer height: 0.28
    ;MINX:124.335
    ;MINY:124.335
    ;MINZ:0.24
    ;MAXX:175.665
    ;MAXY:175.664
    ;MAXZ:21.45

Posted · Is there a parameter that can be used in start g code to know the min/max x/y of object(s) being printed? (probe where printing)

To answer the question: no, there isn't. The replacement patterns in the start/end gcode snippets are filled in before the model is sliced. The (exact) min/max values including skirts/brims/rafts and horizontal expansion is only known after slicing.