Ultimaker 2+ not printing embossed text

broutilde

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ not printing embossed text

Hello everyone,

I created a simple design on Fusion 360 that has an embossed image (leaf) and also an embossed text , both on the same surface.

Whole design is shown perfectly on Cura before slicing and printing. However, the printer doesn't print the embossed text. Is there a reason for that? could it be that it's too small?

Thank you

E.

I only have a few seconds but yes it could be too small.  Is the text thicker than one layer height?  Obviously it needs to be at least that.  Also maybe it's too thin - try checking "print thin walls".  Try setting line width to 0.1 as a quick experiment.

"print thin walls" worked for your project that you posted.

Note that having the letters stick inwards will have a better quality/readable text but this looks like a stamp so I don't think that's an option.

Also if you print them on a vertical wall (make the stamp square and print vertically) that usually increases quality but only I suppose if it sticks out just a tiny bit (0.3mm).  So assuming this is a stamp then just check "print thin walls" and you will be all set.

6 hours ago, gr5 said:

"print thin walls" worked for your project that you posted.

Note that having the letters stick inwards will have a better quality/readable text but this looks like a stamp so I don't think that's an option.

Also if you print them on a vertical wall (make the stamp square and print vertically) that usually increases quality but only I suppose if it sticks out just a tiny bit (0.3mm).  So assuming this is a stamp then just check "print thin walls" and you will be all set.

It worked! However like you said, it looks quite unreadable. I'll try to stick it inwards see if it looks better. Thanks again!