Multiple infills for one part

gregwar

Posted · Multiple infills for one part

Hello,

I want multiple infill for the same part. I splitted it into 2 STLs and used "merge" to get them perfectly positionned and set per-settings (95% and 30%) for the infills.

However,  Cura doesn't keep a common wall and is still making two walls, which I think will make the part very weak at this point. How to prevent that?

2parts.png

Posted · Multiple infills for one part

Support Blockers can be configured in different ways.  Put your model back together.

The icon above the Support Blocker button is for "Per Model Settings".  You can add a support blocker.  Scale it and move it where you want, set the Per Model setting to "Modify Settings for OverLaps".  Leave it as an Infill Mesh.  In "Select Settings" go through the list and add "Infill Density".  Set that to your 95%.  The rest of the settings (wall count, top count, bottom count, etc) will be zero.

The Support Blocker here is now a Mesh Modifier to change the infill of the area it overlaps my model.

image.thumb.png.c28f07e3e94128609e699bfd23ec62a1.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies