Ultimaker 2+ Side Fans Stopped Working

Daviren

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ Side Fans Stopped Working

I have an Ultimaker 2 that I upgraded to a 2+ a few years ago.

Yesterday, both the side fans suddenly stopped spinning. I swapped out the fan cable to see if there was an issue there, but there was no change. The rear fan is working fine and the LED strips appear to be fine as well.

I'm not able to measure the voltage with both fans plugged in. I'm not sure if this is the correct way to measure, but I unplugged one fan, then measured the DC voltage at the fan plug, plugged the fan back in, and did the same thing on the other side. In both cases, I measured a DC voltage of 18.5-19V. I measured the voltage at the LED strip and it was 24.2V.

I have no idea how to proceed from here. What do I try next?

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted · Ultimaker 2+ Side Fans Stopped Working

So I thought maybe the issue was with one or both of the side fans, so I ordered new fans. I plugged in the fans, but they are not spinning at all. I tried setting the fan speed to 100% in the menu without printing, then tried to start a print and then set the fans to 100%. They didn't budge at all.

What else can I try?