Line Type Preview is unusable on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019). Lines emanating out from center of preview, like a starburst.

AEtherScythe

Posted · Line Type Preview is unusable on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019). Lines emanating out from center of preview, like a starburst.

Using Cura 4.12 on my MBP 16" late 2019 model, Line Type Preview is really unusable, due to extraneous vectors blocking my ability to see what it is I'm trying to preview, such as travels and different line types for extruder 1 vs. extruder 2.

Is there some setting I can tweak to bias the graphics capability to be more compatible?
I already tried "Force layer view compatibility mode" but that is so dumbed down I that I cannot see the extruder 1 vs. extruder 2 lines.  😞

Example:

2131426527_ScreenShot2021-12-17at9_51_39AM.thumb.png.aeff8aaa69ec0945cda1648dd738f727.png

• 1 month later...
    Posted (edited) · Line Type Preview is unusable on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019). Lines emanating out from center of preview, like a starburst.
    On 12/20/2021 at 3:43 AM, nallath said:

This should be fixed for 4.13.

This is fixed, at least in Ultimaker dark theme, but I had to switch to Ultimaker (not dark) theme as a workaround for this issue.  It's very inconvenient to have to restart the program to change themes to have the line-type preview work, and also be able to edit post-processing g-code search/replace scripts.

More specifically, it's the travel line-type I can't see in non-dark theme, which is because that line type defaults to  white on white.   I could not see a way to assign my own color to the travel line-type or that might be a suitable workaround for the conflicting issues.

Edited by AEtherScythe

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Line Type Preview is unusable on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019). Lines emanating out from center of preview, like a starburst.

This does not seem to be fixed in 4.13.1. Tried both dark and default themes. And tried the color assist themes.

Attached are screenshots of dark theme and default them results.

Installed on:
    MacBook Pro 2019

Big Sur (11.6)
    32GB Ram
    AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB
    2.6 GHz 6-core Intel i7

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 11.40.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 11.43.34 AM.png

• Like 1