Crashes when opening.

prkrj316

Posted · Crashes when opening.

I have an Anycubic printer (not hooked up to computer) and have been trying to use Cura for slicing.  When I first installed the program it would immediately crash when I tried opening it. I've searched online and nothing I found seemed to work so I uninstalled the application.  Then I tried it again thinking I had found something else to try and when I did the reinstall, it seem to start working with out any changes. I thought it was due to me running the install exe as admin on the second install.  It worked for about a week and then started doing the same thing of crashing when trying to open. I rebooted my computer and it started working again for a few days. Now it is doing it again and I can not find out why. Reboots don't solve it now. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, as admin.  I have tried moving to 4.13 and it still just crashes while opening.  An all white window barely gets open for a split second  and then closes. I have included my cura.log file from 4.13, I unfortunately don't have a log file from when I had 4.12.1.

cura.log

Same problem here. It worked fine, but today I tried to open a file and it shutdown just after opening Cura. Uninstalled and re-installed verion 4.12.1.

Already rebooted PC, added  "Printjob Naming plugin" from marketplace, tried to remove printer com cura.cfg and delete cura.cfg... Can't slice anything with Cura!!! Any help?

You should be careful to not  mess up Cura's configurations files until you really know what you are doing. There are always more than one file in a printer definition involved.

Delete the configuration folder for 4.12 and 4.13. Make a backup of these folders (just in case) before doing so. You will find them here:

c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\cura\

where YOUR_USER_NAME is your Windows user name.

With the next start of Cura the directory will build new. You may need to do your printer setup in Cura again.

Posted (edited) · Crashes when opening.
    On 1/2/2022 at 9:45 AM, DivingDuck said:

You should be careful to not  mess up Cura's configurations files until you really know what you are doing. There are always more than one file in a printer definition involved.

Delete the configuration folder for 4.12 and 4.13. Make a backup of these folders (just in case) before doing so. You will find them here:

c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\cura\

where YOUR_USER_NAME is your Windows user name.

With the next start of Cura the directory will build new. You may need to do your printer setup in Cura again.

I uninstalled cura, deleted Cura folder in Roaming and made a fresh install... but it crashes like it did before!!

I didn't do anything with configuration files. It was working and next time I tried it closed automatically. It was then that I started googling about it and tried to edit the configuration files.

The only configurations I change before were the menu settings like layer height, infill, suports, etc.

Edited by nuno8210

Problem solved!!

Just found that it had an incompatibility with Asus GPU Tweak III... If I close the GPU Tweak III, Cura will launch and works fine.

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

This saved me so much trouble.

Posted (edited) · Crashes when opening.
    On 1/3/2022 at 5:31 AM, nuno8210 said:

Problem solved!!

Just found that it had an incompatibility with Asus GPU Tweak III... If I close the GPU Tweak III, Cura will launch and works fine.

THIS RIGHT HERE. 
    2 hours into trouble shooting, and just closing GPUtweak solved it. 
    Thanks for posting that solve. 

Edited by chuckytt

On 1/3/2022 at 5:31 AM, nuno8210 said:

Problem solved!!

THIS RIGHT HERE. 
    2 hours into trouble shooting, and just closing GPUtweak solved it. 
    Thanks for posting that solve. 

Edit: I think it has to do with OSD (On Screen Display) being turned on that causes the issue. It seems if OSD is turned on and Cura isn't in the exclusion list of GPUtweak it causes it to crash.