changing the amount of mb In the file.

rsorensen

Posted (edited) · changing the amount of mb In the file.

Hey, I was just wondering if ultra maker Cura can change the amount of MB in the file, because I want to import It into Tinkercad, but the file is more than 25 MB, so tinkered can't import it. is there any way to change the amount of MB on Ultimaker, or change the file shape in Ultimaker?

IcewingTopA.stl

Also, is there a way in Cura to lower the amount of triangles in this file, or simplify the file?

IcewingTopB.st

Thanks!!

Edited by rsorensen
accidentaly submitted it too early.

Posted · changing the amount of mb In the file.

I think the only way to change the file size is to make the model smaller or reduce the resolution.  MS 3D Builder has a "Simplify" tool in the Edit menu that reduces the number of triangles and I'm sure there is other software that can do it as well.

Both models have errors and both are just shells.  They slice but I think when printed they would fall apart or be so delicate that removing the supports would break them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies