changing the amount of mb In the file.

rsorensen

Posted (edited) · changing the amount of mb In the file.

Hey, I was just wondering if ultra maker Cura can change the amount of MB in the file, because I want to import It into Tinkercad, but the file is more than 25 MB, so tinkered can't import it. is there any way to change the amount of MB on Ultimaker, or change the file shape in Ultimaker?

IcewingTopA.stl

Also, is there a way in Cura to lower the amount of triangles in this file, or simplify the file?

IcewingTopB.st

Thanks!!

Edited by rsorensen
accidentaly submitted it too early.

Posted · changing the amount of mb In the file.

I think the only way to change the file size is to make the model smaller or reduce the resolution.  MS 3D Builder has a "Simplify" tool in the Edit menu that reduces the number of triangles and I'm sure there is other software that can do it as well.

Both models have errors and both are just shells.  They slice but I think when printed they would fall apart or be so delicate that removing the supports would break them.