Creality ENDER 3 Max

JohnyCage

Posted · Creality ENDER 3 Max

Hi, when I try to set the size of the sticker in the new version of the program - it doesn't work. I can't set the correct X min and Y values in the printhead settings menu. I can only set negative numbers. How to solve the problem and set the numbers I want?

The print head settings measure from the centerline of the nozzle so yes, MinX will be negative and MinY will be negative.  The gantry height is from the tip of the nozzle to the bottom of the X beam (on my 3 Pro it's 25mm).  Those settings only come into play when printing multiple pieces in "One at a Time" mode.

Did you use the Ender 3 or 3Pro definition?  The 3 Pro doesn't have the disallowed areas for the glass clips otherwise they are identical.  Once you change the regular "X (width)" and "Y (depth)" from 220 x 220 to 300 x 300 I think you would be done.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited) · Creality ENDER 3 Max

Here ya go.  An Ender 3 Max definition file and a "Platform" that goes with it.  I had this laying around.

Unzip the file.

Copy the "creality_ender3MAX.def.json" file to the "...\Ultimaker Cura x.x.x\resources\definitions" folder.

Copy the "creality_ender3MAX.stl" file to the ...\resources\meshes" folder.

It will show up the the "Install a Printer" dialog in Cura.  It will look like the image below.

The downside to custom definition files is that updating Cura does not carry them over to the new version.  You would need to copy and paste them in BEFORE opening the new Cura version or you WILL get errors.  That's why I didn't post it before.

An alternative is to ignore this whole post and just run with what you have.

Untitled.thumb.png.670e688e25204c95a0b5938f8ea3d98d.png

creality_ender3MAX.zip

Edited by GregValiant
    • Like 5
    • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
    On 1/5/2022 at 7:20 AM, GregValiant said:

Here ya go.  An Ender 3 Max definition file and a "Platform" that goes with it.  I had this laying around.

Unzip the file.

Copy the "creality_ender3MAX.def.json" file to the "...\Ultimaker Cura x.x.x\resources\definitions" folder.

It will show up the the "Install a Printer" dialog in Cura.  It will look like the image below.

The downside to custom definition files is that updating Cura does not carry them over to the new version.  You would need to copy and paste them in BEFORE opening the new Cura version or you WILL get errors.  That's why I didn't post it before.

creality_ender3MAX.zip 143.41 kB · 25 downloads

hi so when i loaded it up and added (thank you btw) i noticed the z height was set to 250 instead of 340, is that right? and are there any settings i should also change when adding the printer?

That was my bad, or I used incorrect info from whatever site I used to check the size of the printer.  Go with the actual settings for your printer.  You might want to check the Print Head Settings on the other side of that dialog.  They are only used when printing "One at a Time" but need to check that they are correct.  If you have an ABL hanging off the side of the print head it will affect those numbers.

I altered the definition file in the previous post.  It is now for 340 height.  I'm surprised by the number of downloads before somebody noticed.  Nice eye.

Edited by GregValiant
    • Like 1

Thank you GregValiant, I am using your definition but on the new release of Cura the nozzle popup dialog box under Prepare is empty. Can not set the Nozzle size. any suggestions?

Thank you regards

Mardak

Because the definition isn't included with Cura, you will have to manually install the definition.  Read that previous post again.  It isn't a difficult task.  I am on Windows and when I update Cura I always have to "share" the installation folder with myself before I can copy anything into it.

There is no meshes folder on a Mac.  Where would the stl file go?

Sorry.  I don't know Macs. 

@nallath - the STL in question is the "platform" file.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:20 PM, GregValiant said:

Unzip the file.

creality_ender3MAX.zip 143.41 kB · 156 downloads

So I added your files in Cura 4.13 and then I got the "empty" list for nozzles.
    The zip was missing the nozzle variants from the variants folder.
    While there are other means to set the nozzle size for those who don't want to bother here it is the full archive that includes the nozzle variants as well so that you get the nozzle sizes in the prepare dropdown list.

creality_ender3MAX - definition, mesh and nozzles.zip

• Thanks 1

I did not include nozzles because they should already be in place.  The "creality_base.def.json" file describes the nozzle variants.

Did you try changing the Settings Profile and/or the Material to see if the nozzle sizes become available?

I think you need to have the .cfg files for each nozzle size which point to the specific printer platform definition or you're going to get an empty list when you try the nozzle selection pull down menu.  The .cfg files do this on line 4 I think:

definition = creality_ender3Max

The materials are all there since they're in the base_creality definition but the materials show up as not valid since there's no nozzle defined.

On 1/5/2022 at 1:20 PM, GregValiant said:

Here ya go.  An Ender 3 Max definition file and a "Platform" that goes with it.  I had this laying around.....

Thanks a lot!

Hallo zusammen, ich verstehe nichts mehr und bin ziemlich genervt. Ich habe den Ender 3MAx jetzt seit einer Woche und bekomme ihn nicht zum Laufen. Ich habe die oben aufgeführten Dateien in die jeweiligen Verzeichnisse kopiert, vielen Dank für die Bereitstellung, aber mir wird trotzdem angezeigt, dass es keine Düsendurchmesser gibt. Ich finde einfach die entsprechende Einstellmöglichkeit nicht. Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn mir hier jemand helfen könnte. Vielen Dank

Edited by old_catweazle

Here are nozzle files for the Ender 3 Max.  In Cura 5.0 and Windows they go in:

"C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 5.0.0\share\cura\resources\variants"

In Cura 4.13.1 and earlier versions they go in:

"C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.13.1\resources\variants"

Unzip the files and copy them to the appropriate folder.  When you restart Cura hopefully they will be there.

creality_ender3max_Nozzles.zip

Hi GregValiant, I have copy nozzel files in that folder, but it did not work but the nozzle dialog box still empty.

It's working now, I had to restart my PC

Edited by gGVal03Gg

Hey GregValient 

I have added the printer and printer bed but i am unable to add the nozzles, i have put them in the correct folder, restarted Cura and my computer, but it still comes up as nozzles empty, is there something i have missed

Did you restart Cura after copying the files into the variants folder?

You did install the Ender 3 Max definition?

Does the platform picture show up?

The person a couple of posts back had to restart their computer (I have no idea why that would work but it did).

Looking back, there are a lot of downloads of those files and not many complaints.  My guess would be that any issues may be specific to certain systems.  I can't troubleshoot any further because it works on my system.

Edited by GregValiant

i restarted cura

restarted my computer

Ender3 Max into definitions, works

Ender3 Max platform into meshes, works

Nozzels into veriants that's what seems to be not working, it still shows up as empty not sure where to go from here

Here is a creality_base definition file.  Unzip it and copy it into the definitions folder of Cura.  This is the one I use so it's a bit different (up to 4 extruders) but it calls for the nozzles as "variants".  Maybe it will make a difference.

Actually, before you do that click on the down button on the nozzles.  Maybe there just isn't a default.

Make sure you keep the definition, platform, and nozzle files someplace.  They aren't (yet) part of Cura and if you upgrade you will be back to the default definitions.

creality_base.def.zip

Edited by GregValiant

cheers buddy ill give it shot

worked for me

I'm not trying to be a bother here, but it still didn't work for me sadly. 
    I'm using Cura 4.13.1, downloaded the (I believe so) right files, put them in the (I also believe so) right folders, restarted my pc, restarted Cura, still "empty" on the nozzles.
    I'd like some help if possible.
    Thanks in advance.