Error in G-Code

glureda

Posted · Error in G-Code

Hey Guys!

So to make it short: Im fairly new to 3D Printing, since i got my first one for Christmas. I have some problems with walls being rough, but thats another topic. Yesterday i wanted to print my 20th Calibration Cube with new settings, so i sliced it in Cura 4.13 and started printing it. Midprint i heard some loud rattling in the room next door and found my printhead completely burried in a half printed Cube. I stopped the print checked the printer, but couldnt find any damage. So i turned on my Computer again and looked a little bit a the G-Code of the crashed cube. There i found a sudden change from Z13.3 to Z9.175, near the end of a "fill" routine. Now i wanted to know, if this is something, that happens quiet frequently, or if i was just very unlucky? And is there anything i could do to prevent this in the future?

(If i now slice it again with the same settings, there seems to be no problem and it prints completely fine)

Thanks! 🙂

1696823210_GCODECrash.thumb.JPG.710e7ad9633e233d12b30fcbfb3aeb10.JPG

Posted · Error in G-Code

I don't think it's Cura or nobody would use it.  Did you post the file that was on your hard drive(?) or the one from the memory card?  I would suggest that you format that memory card.  It may have bad sectors and so the gcode gets written incorrectly.  If it came with the printer then copy the stock files to your hard drive before formatting the card.

It could possibly have been something strange in your settings, but Cura knows better that to drop the Z below a previous print height.

If you can re-create the settings you used when that happened and then use "File | Save Project" to create a 3mf file with all the information in it, and post that 3mf file here that would be helpful.  Post that Gcode file too (if you still have it).